So I got a 360 ^_^

Posted by Random

So I work in Game retail and I had been waiting for a Fully Loaded 360 to come in that I could snag and I found a note saying we had some in the back. So I quickly jumped on break and purchased it. It's really awesome. We got in 12 and sold out within 15 minutes of putting them out. Pretty decent seeing that it was a slow day and not many customers had been coming in. We got the 360's in Saturday morning I do believe and sold them Saturday evening.

So I picked up Call of Duty 2, NFS Most Wanted and some Xbox Games (KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Ninja Gaiden, GTA Double Pack, and GTA San Andreas plus I already had Halo 1 and 2).

So I decided to try out the graphics. I compared the 360 graphics of both Halo 1 and 2 tot he Xbox version. You can tell a pretty big difference. We even switched TV's to make sure one TV wasn't worse than the other. The 360 graphics are much smoother. Then I invited my friend Joey over which he has a 27" HDTV. We compared Call of Duty 2 without High Def which was extrodinary, and then we saw the HD version and it blew everything else away. The High Definition really makes a difference.

I have to cancel my Xbox Live account in a couple days which I switched over. After I spent money on a 27" TV, $400 XBox 360 and a whole S*** load of games i'm rather poor. Maybe next month i'll get Live back.

I did have an error however when I first turned on my 360. I called support and they told me to just reset my system and I shouldn't have that problem again. And I haven't had any problems since.

Also I'd like to note.. The 360's burn up if you leave it on the carpet. So don't leave it on your carpet. Thats how they've been burning up. But I had a 20" tv burn up on the carpet. So just a fair warning.

So i'm really satisfied and I can't wait to play more upcoming 360 titles.

Games I can't wait to get:

DOA 4-360
Perfect Dark Zero-360
Oblivion-360/PC
Halo 3-360
KOTOR 3-Most likely 360/PC
Gundam (Working title)-360
Resident Evil 5-360/PS3
Final Fantasy XI-360/PS2/PC
Lost Odyssey-360
Fable 2-360
GTA Working Title-360/PS3/PC
Cry On-360
Chrome Hounds-360
Gears of War-360
Project Gotham Racing 3-360

Not to mention the possibilities of other Final Fantasy Games and what not. I'm also really glad about the backwards compatibility. It's definately a nice feature.

Posted by Axis

Huh, I thought you already had one. Well, good thing you got one. I've had mine since day 1 and it's been a blast having.

Posted by Random

Actually I did have one. But I sold it on ebay for $630 and it was the Core. Now I have a fully loaded. Pretty shweet.

Posted by Roger Smith

My uncle picked one up not too long ago, and we've been having hella fun with PDZ and Kameo. Boy, I can't wait untill they fully tap into the powers of the 360.

Posted by Moogs

I have left mine on carpet and haven't had any burn ups.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Moogs: I have left mine on carpet and haven't had any burn ups.

Though you shouldn't really do that.;)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pff, I've had mine since before Christmas. Get with the times.

Quoted post: I have left mine on carpet and haven't had any burn ups.

Yeah, my system stays pretty cool...

Posted by Random

I got my first one on release date but like I said.. I sold it on ebay for $630. A nice profit if you ask me. Now that I have a fully loaded i'm having fun. I also love the Free Demo Downloads. It beats renting!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

[quote]
Not to mention the possibilities of other Final Fantasy Games and what not. I'm also really glad about the backwards compatibility. It's definately a nice feature.

They already released FF on the 360 in japan. I saw one on ebay yesterday.

Quoted post: I got my first one on release date but like I said.. I sold it on ebay for $630.

Pff, I sold my pre-order slip for $250.

My profit was far greater than yours :cool:

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: They already released FF on the 360 in japan. I saw one on ebay yesterday.

I've not been paying attention at all to Final Fantasy XI and when it's released, but I saw one of my friends playing it when I got online earlier today, and he lives just around the corner. I'm surprised it's out this early.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SomebodyRandom]So I work in Game retail
Really? Huh, I'm pretty sure you've never told us that before.

I'll probably wait until some kind of IDE adapter for hard drives enters the market before I pick one up.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: Pff, I sold my pre-order slip for $250.

My profit was far greater than yours :cool:

No No I don't think you understand.. I sold a CORE for $630 :-P

Quoted post: No No I don't think you understand.. I sold a CORE for $630 :-P

Yeah, that's a console though. Mine was a piece of paper.

Posted by Moogs

So, you made 250 dollars for nothing(250 dollars), whilst he made 330 dollars for 300 dollars,(30 dollars).

Posted by Random

What? Are you retarded (sorry) I paid 300 and sold it for 630. I made $330 plus I get a discount on the system itself so by all means I made way more.

Quoted post: What? Are you retarded (sorry) I paid 300 and sold it for 630. I made $330 plus I get a discount on the system itself so by all means I made way more.

Yeah I know. I can do simple math. But I mean, $300 extra for something that's actually "worth" the money versus a piece of paper.

Anywho, this is retarded.

Posted by Moogs

Yeah it is, sorry about that comment above I was doing Algebra while posting, so I wasn't paying attention... also yeah Vampiro got a better profit, IMO.

Posted by Random

ok I understand you got $250 for a piece of paper but I got $330 with the console. I made $80 more... technically I made the better profit though it is amusing you managed to sell a piece of paper for $250.. Well done.. I believe maybe i'll do that for the PS3 :-P

I don't think you get it.

I mean, I could have made an extra $500 on a core system if I wanted to. Anyone could have as you could almosty say it's worth it. But it's a piece of paper that's original worth less than a dollar.

Gah, why do I continue with this :(

Posted by s0ul

I do believe the record will show Vampiro is right.

Posted by Random

Call of Duty 2 on XBL is awesome. But it's rather amusing.. It's not like everybody sucks but maybe I just catch onto the game easy. It was me playing 4 people in a Team Deathmatch and I Lost 18-17... I shouldn't have scored that much against 4 people not to mention the gun I had was ****ty and they had 2 Snipers and 2 Machine gunners.

Quoted post: Call of Duty 2 on XBL is awesome. But it's rather amusing.. It's not like everybody sucks but maybe I just catch onto the game easy. It was me playing 4 people in a Team Deathmatch and I Lost 18-17... I shouldn't have scored that much against 4 people not to mention the gun I had was ****ty and they had 2 Snipers and 2 Machine gunners.

CoD2's multiplayer is pretty bad... what with the lag and sniper fags being more abundant than almost every other game. There's tons of problems that need to be fixed, and yet, the patch was only recently announced. So who knows when it will get fixed.

But hey, I still enjoy it from time to time. You just have to find a host with a good connection.

Posted by Axis

I like PGR3 online the best out of any of the games. PDZ in 2nd.

I basically see this way:

CoD2 = Awesome single player. Bad multiplayer.
PDZ = Bad single player. Good multiplayer.

Quoted post: CoD2 = Awesome single player. Bad multiplayer.
PDZ = Bad single player. Good multiplayer.

I actually didn't find PDZ's SP THAT bad...